Sunday, August 26, 2012

taking photographs

In the light of having a few photos rejected of late, ive been thinking about what makes a "great" photo. Its obviously subjective... and this is something im slowly learning. If you want to publish, if you want to sell, then maybe you dont always shoot what you love, but love just shooting, and to capture, to stylize.

Im fond of taking pictures of loggers, of people i know, of unmolested waves. But these are for me - and most likely dont appeal to many beyond me, and the subjects.

So yesterday, i shot some white pointy boards, going vertical, throwing spray - and i love what i came up with 500 pared down to 3 - they most likely wont appeal to anyone, so sit on my desktop, for me to look at, admire what some people can do with a bit of foam and fibreglass and a decent set of balls.

heres one...




1 comment:

  1. Hi Pommie,
    Like the black n whites, particularly the shot below of Woma. I'm just a photo grommet so don't know too much but my plan is shoot what you love, shoot lots, look for your market in lots of places. I try the scatter approach, markets, mags, shops, whatever I can think of. I sell mostly beach/surf scenes as opposed to straight surf shots but thats what I prefer to shoot anyway. It is subjective though, I just mainly try to please myself.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...