Wednesday, May 9, 2012

hiatus

So there have been few posts recently - ive been consumed between homesickness, catching up on waves, solitude - expansion of interests, pea and ham soup and things autumnal.

Ive taken very few photographs of late - despite the wonderful season, the colours, the sunrises, the rain, nothing has caught my lens.

This weekend just past, I stood beside the road up in the Grampians, and looked down on a mist covered lake, the sun hitting the clouds below me...sometimes the camera can never capture what the eye and then, the mind perceive. So i shot a few anyways, for reminders of what it REALLY felt like.

Heres the examples, doing little to conjour up the mood:

 nice to be amongst some topography again - reminiscent of blighty
golden hour

Regardless of all that... it was nice to get away from it all....sleep in the van, burn a few logs eat from the saucepan, and scope out some climbs. its been great to get back into climbing, pushing myself in new/old ways, reminding and rediscovering and pulling tendons and using my body in other ways. 

I feel obligated to use my body...because I can, and have been reminded visceraly that some cant, and may never be able to. its a humbling reminder:

my beautiful wife - companion on this adventure
 cold - but alone, and beautiful
 worth the walk

long and short, this pommie is happy, for now...and trying to embrace it all and stay humble and centred.

1 comment:

  1. hey pommie, good to see you back, second photo is epic. glad you're happy, fisho's was good this arv, see you on the lens or the board sometime soon

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...